Autoscopy


    Above is my autoscopy project that I worked on over Thanksgiving break. This is by far my favorite end result that I've completed this semester. I really enjoyed getting to take aspects from outer space and correlating them with a picture I took on Halloween in my fembot costume. To gain inspiration I surfed a lot of different websites like Google Images, Pinterest, and a variety of websites that were specifically recommended for this assignment. 
    I picked four images that I wanted to use; a spacecraft, cluster of aliens, galaxy background, and shooting stars. Going in I knew that I wanted the whole picture to have the same overall theme and ended up choosing space galaxy. The first thing I did when I started editing the original image was the switch from normal to exclusion to give the galaxy vibe. With each image, I made sure they each had their own layer so I could continue switching from normal to whatever option meshed the best. Once all my images were locked in, I adjust the hues and saturation to make everything blend together.  
    Overall, I liked how I was able to keep the LED neon sign 'THIS MUST BE THE PLACE" from the original photo and keep it as a main aspect of my project. I think the idea of me being a fembot from the movie Austin Powers while in outer space ties the whole idea of the neon sign quote together. I learned a lot of new tips in Photoshop and really enjoyed this project.

The photos I used: 









 

Comments

  1. Great job Kevalyn! You did an amazing job on this assignment as it is really creative. Everything ties into the photo and has a lot of meaning behind it. I really like how you incorporated the UFO and the meteors into the project. The way incorporated the sign in the background was also cool as it works with your image. I also really liked how you went about the background with the space theme and tied that into the image of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevalyn, your project is spectacular. I also chose to go with the space/alien theme as well, I really like it. The images are incorporated perfectly. The photo of you is a little dark and could be a little bit brighter. However, you did a great job! The inverted colors really make it seem more extra terrestrial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Kevalyn! This is a pretty impressive piece of work that looks like it was very time consuming. I like how you made yourself look magical. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey kevalyn, this is an amazing piece of work that’s very intricate. It reminds me of something out of a 50s movie. Great color variance too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Business Cards

Somewhere