Self Logo- Illustrator

    I honestly never took a step back and thought about what my self logo would be before this project was assigned. Overall, I would say that I'm a very simple person and this was very important for me to showcase through my own logo. If I were to quickly describe my logo I would explain that it's a K in which symbolizes my first initial with four arrows at each endpoint. The arrows indicate the four states I have lived in; Missouri, Arkansas, Hawaii, and Ohio. I also incorporated green and blue in the top two for two different reasons. Reason one, I wanted the logo to represent the landmarks I've lived and my love for traveling the world/globe. Reason two, keeping it simple green and blue have been my favorite colors for as long as I can remember. I wanted to add a brown fill in the bottom left logo to allow the logo to be color blindless friendly. I think these two colors together are very bold and fit perfect together in the color chart. The last logo, black and white is overall my favorite one I made for this project. Black and white are clean together and professional, I find this specific logo represents me the best. 
    When I started this project the first thing I decided to do was mock up some sketches. Like I had said before I never thought about what my personal logo would be so I had to start from scratch. I added the picture below of my starting sketches. I decided to stick with sketch number one and make a few adjustments. instead of making the K look like the globe, I used the colors green and blue as a fill and stroke color. When I opened Illustrator to begin working on my logo I started off making a singular arrow. I then copied it so I had four identical arrows. I then bagan to use the pen tool to sketch out the rest of the K. Once the K was formed, I placed the arrows on each endpoint and combined it all to create one big shape. To finish up, I played around with some colors and ended up having four different and unique logos that I love. 
Sketches
Insperation Image







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business Cards

Autoscopy

Somewhere