Somewhere


 

    When I found out that we were going to be working in Photoshop I was very excited for this specific reason. I follow people on social media that are famous for editing themselves into famous celebrities' photos and I wanted to know the ins and outs of doing just that. Growing up my favorite movie series was Mean Girls, I would pretend to play the roles of the characters in my everyday life. This project was the closest opportunity for me to be a part of the movie series. 

    I began with adding the original cover photo from Mean Girls 2 into Photoshop, then started using multiple different layers. Some of the layers I used helped me fix the saturation, hues, and opacities to make myself appear like I was there during the actual photoshoot. As you can tell in my photoshoot picture (last image), the bottom half of my legs is cut off. For this project, I knew I wanted my knees down in the picture because that's how the three characters in the back appear. To do so, I found a picture of denim on the internet and placed them where they looked as if my original image never stopped. Again with the bottom half of the legs; I adjusted the saturation, hues, and opacities to match up perfectly. 

    I really enjoyed working on this project, even though it pushed me to work harder and harder to get the results I wanted. 

Comments

  1. Kevalyn,
    I enjoy this work as mean girls has to be one of the most popular movies of our generation. I think you changed the lighting and exposures of the photos very well and made it look very natural and like you were apart of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevalyn! I think you did an amazing job on this project. Mean Girls was a good choice and I like how you went about it. You were able to get your photo to fit perfectly in to the poster. You did an amazing job with changing the lighting and exposure so it all flows together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love this project because I really like this movie and I think the photo you chose looks super cohesive with the rest of it! You did an awesome job on this project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Business Cards

Autoscopy