InDesign - Beginners

InDesign for Beginners - FREE COURSE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXRT3dHu6_o 

I really enjoyed following along with this InDesign video because you didn't need any background knowledge of different programs. The creator went over all of the different techniques you can use when creating a new file. Some of the ones I paid closer attention to were changing the size of the document, the number of pages, and column numbers. He also went on to explain the window tab at the very top. Some different features that appear are layers, links, properties, and so much more. This user was great with explaining what each feature does.  




Learn Adobe InDesign in 9 MINUTES! - Formatting, Tools, Layout, Text Etc. - 2020 Beginner Basics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eqhUFRlvgI 

When I picked this video I knew I wanted to focus on the specific tools in this new program. I wanted to do this because I've found that if you don't know how to properly use the tools, it's hard to create intricate work. The tools I found that I think I'll use the most are the position tool, pen tool, line tool, rectangular tool, and zoom tool. The position tool allows you to easily slide an image within a frame and to make the image a smaller size. When I went to practice this tool, I found that it's under the direct selection tool. I also thought that the pen tool would come in handy because it seems like a basic. The way you use it is by creating precise and smooth lines using the anchor. 


10 InDesign Keyboard Shortcuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FclSU2_A_R4 

I wanted to find an InDesign keyboard shortcuts video because I typically work on all of my projects outside of class on my laptop. Due to not having a separate mouse and using the trackpad, I find that it's very helpful to know some common keyboard shortcuts. Ones that I learned from this video are... esc + V, shift + C, shift + T, and command + spacebar. The first shortcut allows for the selection tool to appear. The second tool allows for the convert direction point tool. The third shortcut allows for type on a path tool. Finally, the last shortcut I mentioned allows for a temporary select zoom-in tool. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business Cards

Autoscopy

Somewhere